OAKLAND, Calif., Nov. 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Pandora (NYSE: P), the leading personalized radio service, today announced the annual genre addition of its popular holiday music stations. the seventeen unique holiday genre stations include 11 that are back by popular demand and six new ones for the 2011 holiday season that offer listeners a broad range of seasonal music to enjoy and personalize starting now through the New Year.
Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Pandora, Tim Westergren, said, “Music is such a central part of the holiday experience and these stations provide listeners with a free, easy way to hear an endless soundtrack of their seasonal favorites. whether you’re cooking meals, baking tasty treats, entertaining family and friends, wrapping gifts or decorating the house, Pandora is the perfect companion.”
Pandora holiday genre stations:
*New holiday genre station for the 2011 holiday season
Fun facts about Pandora holiday genre stations:
- Christmas is the most popular holiday genre station on Pandora and has already broke the top 10 genre stations list
- The most spun song on the Christmas station is, “It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas” by Perry Como & the Fontane Sisters and the most thumbed-up song on the Christmas station is, “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of Year” by Andy Williams
- 27% of all unique listeners tuned in to a holiday station on Pandora in December 2010
- One third of all listening hours on Pandora on Christmas day 2010 was holiday music
- One million holiday stations were created on Pandora on Christmas Eve 2010
In addition to offering a variety of holiday music, Pandora makes the perfect gift for a gracious hostess, friend, co-worker or any music-loving member of the family. Pandora One gift cards are available for purchase at all 1,762 Target stores nationwide and Target.com; each retails for $36 and is redeemable for a one-year subscription to a Pandora One account, which includes no advertisements. Gift subscriptions can also be purchased at pandora.com/gifting and are ideal for any last-minute gift needs since they can be emailed to the recipient.
For more information on the Pandora holiday genre stations, Pandora One gift cards or to speak to a Pandora representative, please contact .
Pandora (NYSE: P) gives people music they love anytime, anywhere, through connected devices. (OK, we’ve added comedy as well so we’re also up for playing some jokes you’ll love.) Personalized stations launch instantly with the input of a single “seed” — a favorite artist, song or genre. the Music Genome Project®, a deeply detailed hand-built musical taxonomy, powers the personalization of Pandora® internet radio by using musicological “DNA” and constant listener feedback to craft personalized stations from a growing collection of hundreds of thousands of recordings. Tens of millions of people in the U.S. turn on Pandora to hear music they love. pandora.com
back to top
RELATED LINKS pandora.com